To connect an Exo database to Bi4Cloud you need the following pre-requisites
What you will need
A Bi4Cloud Account
Have access to the server where the EXO SQL Server database is located or are you on a computer that has access to the SQL Server and does this computer stay on 24-hours a day ?
Have the SQL Server login and password
Know the name of the EXO database
After Sign Up open a browser on the above server and go to my.bi4cloud.com and login to your Bi4Cloud account.
You connect a company by selecting "+ Add Company"
Before you do this you should ensure you are on the server where the EXO SQL Server database is located or are you on a computer that has access to the SQL Server and ensure that this computer stay on 24-hours a day ?
If that's GO then press "+ Add Company" and a web page showing all the available connection types will be shown. Server connections are show on the right of this page. Choose EXO by clicking it.
This will download a BI Connector. Once the download is complete you need to install the connector. Choose Open to run it.
The connector install will launch and you will need to press next to proceed with the install.
This program relies upon Microsoft .NET 4.0 and if that is not installed then it will be downloaded and installed automatically. This can take time on a slow internet connection.
Once the install is done press Finish
The BI Connector will now launch and you need to enter your BI4Cloud credentials (login and password) to connect and identify the connector to our Cloud.
The first time you install the connector the following screen will be displayed.
Choose Advanced Option with Auto Refresh
To connect one or more datasources you should choose the Advanced Options link from the bottom of the above Simple screen. Once chosen then Advance Options will be your default.
- Choose the Product type [ EXO | SAP B1 | DataPel ]
If you do not see the EXO, SAP, DataPel option check you have set Advanced Database in your organisation article here
- Press Build button to open the SQL Dialog
- Choose SQL Server from the dialog
The system will look for the database servers and populate the server list. This can take a minute or two. Use the down arrow to choose the Server that holds the SQL server database
- Choose the Server
- Enter the SQL server Credentials (login and password)
- Select your database from the list of databases
- Press Test
- Press Save
- Ensure you enter the name of the company as you want to see it in BI4Cloud
- Sync the data from the connection
- Refresh complete
- Now that the sync is done you can run BI4Cloud
- We recommend that you open a web browser and goto my.bi4cloud.com and login
- For convenience there is a Start Analysing button that will do this in the connector but you should restrict use of this an instead login through the above web online.
- Do Not Leave the connector form up and running. If you do the connector will not poll our Cloud servers and no Auto Refresh will occur. Close all the connector forms.
- Only install one connector for an Organisation.
- If you install more than one connector then they will overwrite and corrupt each others information on the cloud server.
- If you change servers ensure you delete the BI connector on the old server before installing the new one.
To access BI4Cloud use any PC or tablet, open a web browser and goto my.bi4cloud.com and login
I'm Connected - What Now ?
We suggest you login to your BI4cloud account at my.bi4cloud.com and try the default favourites we have created running on your data.
There are several resources available so you can chose what works for you depending on your preferences.
1. I like to watch - Plenty of video resources at See It
2. I like to read - Articles on using BI4Cloud at Getting Started
3. I like to be shown - Book a free 15 mins free dem or buy some consultant time at Booking Appointment
4. Also this article on Getting Support can help