If you have hundreds of Customers or Items and are drowning in detail you will find it difficult to understand your margin mix or see trends in your business. Why not Categorise your customers and items into similar groupings.
In MYOB allocate each customer to a number of different Custom Lists and Custom Fields.
For example group your customers by Type (Retailer / Wholesaler) and or Buying Group etc.
Once setup in MYOB these Custom Lists and Fields will appear in BI4Cloud where you can use them to:
- Group by
- Analyze by
- Pivot on
- In MYOB go to the Lists tab to Create a Custom List and give it a Name - e.g. Customer Type
- In MYOB Categorise each Customer to a Customer Type (go to Card Details tab on the Customer Card)
For further details on how to set these up in MYOB see the MYOB Help Site - Click here
Learn how to do a BULK UPDATE Update of Customer Cards - Click here
- Use Custom Lists to Group by Customer Type to see like Customers together
- Use Custom lists (Customer Type) to Analyze by to see your business at a higher level
- Filter on a Custom List (Customer Type) to focus on just that part of your business. Then you can group just those customers by another dimension e.g. by State.
- Pivot on a Custom List (Customer Type) to compare performance across customer groupings
- Visualize to see the monthly trends by Customer Type
- Compare to track variance from prior periods.
- Combine up to 3 different Custom Lists and 3 different Custom Fields against Each Customer to really get a handle on your customers.
- Setup Custom Lists on Items and use both Customer and Item Custom lists to really understand what is driving your business.