From AccountRight Live Server (ARL) Edition version 2022.5 the update of the application is automated.
So your MYOB ARL Accounting Application will update automatically.
However the API that provides integration between the accounting product and solutions like Bi4Cloud data does NOT automatically update.
Previously with manual updates at the end of the ARL installation it would ask to update the API. With the automated update that no longer occurs.
If the Bi4Cloud Connector cannot access your updated data file it may be that you do not have the correct API installed. The API program and installation is an MYOB responsibility, not the responsibilty of Bi4Cloud.
Only proceed further if you have experience in installing windows programs and are familiar with where you can download updates and access files backups should you need to recover.
We offer up the following process that we have found will update the API and get Bi4Cloud syncing the file once more.
(1) Determine ARL Version: Login to the window server that has AccountRight Live (ARL) installed. Determine what version of AccountRight Live Server Edition you are running by clicking into the icon descriptive text. The shot below shows 2022.5
(2) Stop the API Service: Goto Adminstration Tools > Services, scroll up to locate the "MYOB AccountRight API Service" and Stop it.
(3) Uninstall the current API: Open Control Panel > Programs and Features, locate "MYOB Add-On Connector (API)" and uninstall it. (the shot below is an example only, versions will vary)
(4) Download the API installer for the ARL version installed: Goto https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads and under AccountRight MSI button locate the appropriate version and download and install it.
(5) Check the API update is installed: Open Control Panel > Programs and Features, locate "MYOB Add-On Connector (API)" to see if it is installed. (the shot below is an example only, versions will vary)
(6) Restart the API service: Goto Adminstration Tools > Services, scroll up to locate the "MYOB AccountRight API Service" and Start it.
(7) Check / Re-Connect file: Open the BI4Cloud Connector and check / reconnect the files.
Why do you use Server Edition of AccountRight Live ?
You can avoid all the above if you choose to run AccountRight Live on the cloud. With cloud all updates are automatic and you will no longer need to waste time installing software.