There are two types of users or accounts in BI4Cloud, Admin and Standard users. All users by default will be able to access all BI4cloud Default reports and create and save their own reports.
The first user that was created when you signed up for BI is an Admin user by default.
The Admin user can access the following areas:
- Organisation - Change Organisation details
- User Admin - Add and remove users, add user restrictions to Companies and Report Groups
- Company - Add new company files or disconnect company files
- Support - Access Support area including BI Community
- Payment - Access and change the subscription plans including payment details
- Cool Stuff - Access Cool Stuff features including KPI's
- Spark Charts - Hover on charts to see values or click to change
Login as a BI Admin user to see the Cloud Account Administration Console.
Add Users / Set User Restrictions / Grant other Users Admin User Rights
Admin users are able to
- Add new users
- Restrict User Access to only certain report groups and or certain company files
- Grant other users Admin User Rights on the User Admin tab.
When you Add a new user they will be sent an email to confirm and to setup their new password.
Standard Users - (Non-Admin user)
A Standard user is only able to Run and Save BI Reports.
A Standard user is taken directly to the BI Analysis screen on login which looks like this.
Make a user a Standard user if you plan to restrict their access to only come Companies and Report Groups.
Restrict User Access
To restrict user access to only some types of reports see: