Advanced Option with Auto Refresh
To connect one or more datasources you should choose the Advanced Options link from the bottom of the Simple screen. Once chosen then Advance Options will be your default.
- The following form will display
- if there was a previously connected datasource it will be displayed
- Note that the default Refresh Mode is Automatic - best to leave this as is.
- To add or change a connection press the Edit
- Choose the Product type [ EXO | SAP B1 | DataPel ]
If you do not see the EXO, SAP, DataPel option check you have set Advanced Database in your organisation article here
- Press Build button to open the SQL Dialog
- Choose SQL Server from the dialog
The system will look for the database servers and populate the server list. This can take a minute or two. Use the down arrow to choose the Server that holds the SQL server database. Alternatively you can override this by typing in the server name.
- Choose the Server
- Enter the SQL server Credentials ( user name and password )
- Select your database from the list of databases
- Press Test
- Press Save
- Ensure you enter the name of the company as you will see it in BI4Cloud
- Sync the data from the connection
- Refresh complete
- Now that the sync is done you can run BI4Cloud
- We recommend that you open a web browser and goto my.bi4cloud.com and login
- For convenience there is a Start Analysing button that will do this in the connector but you should restrict use of this an instead login through the above web line.
- Do Not Leave the connector form up and running. If you do the connector will not poll our Cloud servers and no Auto Refresh will occur. Close all the connector forms.
- Only install one connector for an Organisation.
- If you install more than one connector then they will overwrite and corrupt each others information on the cloud server.
- If you change servers ensure you delete the BI connector on the old server before installing the new one.
To access BI4Cloud use any PC or tablet, open a web browser and goto my.bi4cloud.com and login